Clinical Director, Apollo Centre for Fetal Medicine
Diploma in Fetal Medicine (FMF-UK), Diploma in Advanced Obstetric Scanning (London), MS OB-GYN, FRCOG, FICOG
Fetal Medicine, In utero Fetal therapy, Lasers, Invasive diagnostic tests, Twins, Prenatal screening for maternal and fetal complications
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Sarita Vihar
On Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday – 10 Am to 6 Pm
For appointment call, Ms. Himanshi
Direct : +(91) – 11 – 71793018
Tel: +(91) – 11- 26925858, Extn. 3018
Tel : +(91) – 11- 26925801
Fax : +(91)-11-26825563
Apollo Hospital, Noida – on Wednesday – 10 Am to 5 Pm
For appointment, call, Ms Prerna on +91 8076883345
Apollo Cradle, Motinagar – on Thursday – 10 Am to 5 Pm
For appointment, call, Mr Pramod on +91 8800785939
Dr. Kaul is presently working as a Sr Consultant and Coordinator Fetal Medicine and Genetic services She has about 11 years of experience in the super specialty of Fetal Medicine and was practicing as an High Risk Obstetrician for 12 years prior to this.
She trained in Fetal Medicne with Professor Kypros Nicolaides at Kings College London and returned to Delhi in 2006 to start the first specialist fetal medicine unit in North India at Apollo.This unit is now established as a referral unit for a variety of chromosomal screening tests, diagnosis and management of fetal abnormalities.It is also the first unit in North India accredited with the Fetal Medicine Foundation UK for Nuchal scanning and the combined test. She started the Fetal Surgical Therapy programme in 2011, again the first in North India and is one of the few Fetal surgeons in the country. She has instituted a Fellowship programme in collaboration with FMF-UK
- Master of Surgery (Obstetrics/Gynaecology) G.S.V.M Medical College Kanpur University India 1989-1991
- Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists London November 1996
- Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists June 2010
- Diploma in Advanced Obstetric Scanning (RCR/RCOG) London 2005
- Diploma Fetal Medicine (Fetal Medicine Foundation –UK) 2013
- Certificates of Competence in 11-14 weeks18-23 weeks, Cervix, Dopplers, Cardiology, Invasives Fetal Medicine Foundation London obtained as a Research Fellow at Kings College Hospital 2004-2006
- 3 month Senior Fellowship with Prof Jan Deprest at Gasthisburg Hospital , University of Leuven ,Belgium for learning Fetoscopic Fetal Surgery, May 2011
- Awarded Fellow of Indian College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Jan 2016
- Treasurer – North Zone RCOG
- Executive Committee – Fetal Medicine and Genetics Committee – FOGSI
- President – Fetal Medicine Foundation India
- Life member of Association of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Delhi
- Guide-FMF – Apollo Fetal Medicine Fellowship programme(established in 2008)
- Co-Guide – DNB Obstetrics and Gynaecology programme
- Running ultrasound training programmes for Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecological societies of India(FOGSI) since 2008
- MRCOG Part2 teaching programmes in Delhi
- Peer reviewer for Prenatal Diagnosis
- Peer reviewer for Journal for Society of fetal Medicine
- Executive Committee Member of the Fetal Medicine and Genetics Committee –FOGSI
- Ex-Chairperson- Fetal Medicine and Genetics Committee –Association of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Delhi
- National Examiner in India for the Fetal Medicine Foundation –UK
- FOGSI expert on First trimester screening
- Active member of the North Zone Chapter of RCOG-regularly involved in teaching and training programmes
- Started the Fetal Fetoscopic Surgical programme in North India in August 2011
- President – Fetal Medicine Foundation,India
- Fellow Representative 2012-2015 from North Zone to the Royal College of Obstetricians and Colleges,UK
- Treasurer –RCOG North Zone
- Founder Member Indian Society for Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Prasad S, Sahota DS, Vanamail P, Sharma A, Arora S, Kaul A. Performance of fetal medicine foundation algorithm for first trimester preeclampsia screening in an indigenous south Asian population. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 21, 805 (2021).https://doi.org/10.1186/s12884-021-04283-6
- Kaul A, Prasad S, Anand K, Arora S, Sharma A. Elective fetal reduction in dichorionic diamniotic twin pregnancies on parental request : a single centre experience. Fetal Diagn Ther 2021;48:272-278
- Kale KA, Ghonge NP, Kaul A. Prenatal diagnosis of congenital harlequin icthyosis with fetal MRI. Indian J Radiol Imaging. 2019; 29(4): 448-451
- Arora S, Prasad S, Sharma A, Kaul A. First trimester crown-rump length (CRL) and nuchal translucency discordance in monochorionic twins: an ominous sign or a benign feature ? J Obstet Gynecol India. 2021; 70: 349-354
- Sablok A, Sharma A, Gupta R, Thakur S, Kaul A. Isolated fetal ascites : etiology and prognosis- a 10 year experience from a tertiary referral care centre in India. J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg. 2021;26:162-9
- Arora S, Khera N, Kaul A. Three dimensional color doppler acquisition of a highly vascular giant placental chorioangioma. Am J Obstet Gynecol. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2021.08.021
- Sablok A, Thakur S, Sharma A, Kaul A. Prenatal diagnosis of Bardet-Biedl syndrome: a case study and review of literature. J Fetal Medicine. 2020; 7: 301-306
- Kaul A, Prasad S, Perumal V, Gupta R, Sharma A. Improving perinatal outcomes: lessons learned from a low middle-income public hospital: an observational study from North India. Authorea. DOI:10.22541/au.158880152.25077443
- Van den Groek N, Chen P, McCauley M, Kaul A. Priorities in health care for women in India. BJOG. 2019;126(s4):5-6.
- Kaul A .Radhakrishan P Performance of Common Down Syndrome Screening Methods Used in India with Construction of an Indian Normogram for Nuchal Translucency/Crown–Rump Length Measurements in 14,337 Subjects JOGI 2019
- Kaul A, Singh C, Gupta R1 Arora N, Gupta A. Observational study comparing the performance of first-trimester screening protocols for detecting trisomy 21 in a North Indian population. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2017 Apr;137(1):14-19. doi: 10.1002/ijgo.12087. Epub 2017 Jan 20.
- Shah N Kaul A “Strain cervical elastography in pregnancy : Feasibility study and its usefulness in preterm birth prediction – Indian experience”Journal of Fetal Medicine
- Kaul A Chapter-First trimester ultrasoundAn introduction to Genetics and Fetal Medicine.Edited by Deka D Jaypee Brothers 2009
- Kaul A Chapter –Screening policies for birth defects FOGSI Focus 2010
- Kaul A Chapter-Problems and complications of Monochorionic Twin Pregnancies Edited by Malhotra N June 2012
- Tulika T, Kaul A Intrafetal Laser Ablation of Umbilical Vessels in Acardiac Twin with Successful Outcome. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of India. 2012;62(Suppl 1):43-45.
- Singh C, Lodha P, Arora D, Prabhu Sharma A, Kaul A. Diagnosis of sirenomelia in the first trimester. J Clin Untrasound. 2013 Nov 27
- Gupta N, Kaul A, Kabra M. Prenatal diagnosis of Fetal Peters Plus syndrome: a case report. Case Rep Genet. 2013 July.
- Fauzdar A. Chowdhary M, Makroo RN, Mishra M, Srivastava P, Tyagi R, Bhaduria P, Kaul A. Rapid-prenatal diagnosis through fluorescence in situ hybridization for preventing aneuplody related birth defects. Indian J Hum Genet. 2013 Jan.
- Sharma A, Tayal T, B H N, Radhakrishnan P, Kaul A. Nasal bone length: the long and short of it. Evaluation of the reference values for the fetal nasal bone length at 16 to 25 weeks of gestational age in an Indian populaton. Prenat Diagn. 2013 Aug.
- Singh C, Tayal T, Gupta R, Sharma AP, Khurana D, Kaul A. Amniotic fluid index in healthy pregnancy in an Indian population. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 2013 May.
- Singh C, Kaul A. Monochorionic twin pregnancy. AOGD Bulletin, Volume 14-8, December 2014.
- P.Lodha, A Sharma, C Singh, T Tayal, A Kaul. Obstetric outcomes associated with second trimester unexplained abnormal maternal blood markers:A comparative study between outcomes of normal and abnormal blood values. Apollo Medicine Vol 9 Sept 2012
- Singh C, Kaul A. Comments on editorial: Has Noninvasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) Come of Age? JOGI, 2015
- Singh C, Agarwal G, Gupta N, Kaul A. A retrospective review of the incidence and outcome of neural tube defects diagnosed during pregnancy at a tertiary care centre in India JOG
- Singh C, Dagar M, Kaul A. Cord entanglement in Monoamniotic twin pregnancy. Cover image, JOGI, 2015
- Paliwal S, Singh C, Gholkar N, Kaul A. Diagnosis of holoprosencephaly in the first trimester. Int J Reprod Contracept Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 2(4): 735-736. doi:10.5455/2320-1770.ijrcog20131257
- Singh C, Kaul A. Current status of Fetal Surgery. Current Medicine Research and Practice 02/2015; DOI: 10.1016/j.cmrp.2015.01.007
- Gholkar N, Singh C, Kaul A, Kapur KK. First trimester diagnosis of congenital heart disease. Journal of Fetal Medicine. 2 Sept 2015 DOI:10.1007/s40556-015-0048-9
- Sharma S, Singh C, Verma S, Rastogi H, Kaul A. Prenatal Diagnosis and management of morbidly adherent placenta. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, 2017 DOI: 10.7860/JCDR/2017/19365.0000
- Kaul A, Singh C. Fetal reduction in Multiple Pregnancy. In book: Kore S, editor. Multiple Gestations: Basics and Beyond. 1st Ed. New Delhi: Jaypee Brothers;2016.
- Gholkar N, Singh C, Paliwal S, Kaul A. Conjoined twins: A First Trimester Diagnosis. Journal of Fetal Medicine. October 2016. DOI: 10.1007/s40556-016-0103-1
- Singh C, Kaul A. Managing periviable birth: Current issues and recommendatons. AOGD Bulletin, Volume 17-6, October 2017
- IndiaIshwar Chander Verma, Ratna Puri, Eswarachary Venkataswamy, Tulika Tayal, Sheela Nampoorthiri, Chitra Andrew, Madhulika Kabra, Rashmi Bagga, Mamatha Gowda, Meenu Batra, Sridevi Hegde, Anita Kaul, Neerja Gupta, Pallavi Mishra, Jayshree Ganapathi Subramanian, Shruti Lingaiah, Riyaz Akhtar, Francis Kidangan, R. Chandran, C. Kiran, G. R. Ravi Kumar, V. L. Ramprasad, Priya Kadam . Single Nucleotide Polymorphism-Based Noninvasive PrenatalTesting: Experience in India. J Obstet Gynaecol India. 2018 Dec;68(6):462-470.
- Shah N, Chowdhary S, Kaul A. Role of Ultrasound-Based Prenatal Prediction of Pulmonary Function in Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia: Does It Have Prognostic Significance Postnatally? Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of India. 2017;67(1):33-36.
- Kaul A ,Singh C- Chapter Multiple Pregnancy -IAP Neonatology Handbook 2017
- Performance of screening for medical disorders at First trimester screening
- Screening for preeclampsia using sFLT/PLGF ratio in the 3rd trimester
- Fetal Cardiac function assessment in FGR and Gestational Diabetes
- Participant in a clinical study of utility of non-invasive prenatal screening for aneuploiides